Friday, March 11, 2011

Episode 2 is repeating itself, repeating itself

It was brought to our attention (both in the comments here and on our thread at Henshin Justice that the video for episode 2 repeats itself at the end, but without sound. I've gone and confirmed this and want to apologize. We didn't catch this because the encoded video plays just fine on my windows7 box using Windows Media Player Classic and CCCP.  However on my Mac it would repeat on both Quicktime and VLC.  To see how widespread this is I ran the video on my PS3 and HTPC running Linux and XBMC. Here's what I've found

  • On windows using CCCP and Windows Media Player Classic the video plays fine. Video is shown to be the correct length.
  • On Windows Media Player 12 the video plays once, but thinks it is 39 minutes long, the progress bar is broken as well.  It will not play the second half
  • On OSX the video will play twice on Quicktime, second time without sound.  Same with VLC on OSX
  • On the PS3 the video is believed to be 39 minutes long, but will only play the episode once, with sound.
  • On Ubuntu Linux running XBMC the video length is the correct size and plays only once, with sound.
 I'll try and fix this for the next promo and episode 3, but since this does not affect the ability to watch and hear the entire episode there probably won't be a version 2 any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. On MPC-HC (K-lite codec), it played once, but had the long video length.

    I remuxed it with MKVtoolnix, and the remuxed MKV shows the correct length.

    ReplyDelete