Thursday, March 10, 2011

Episode 2 Out Now

Be afraid Baranoia. Be very afraid.

In this episode the other four members of Ohranger join Ohred in the fight. This episode is also the first in Ohranger to have a giant monster. Still no mecha though.  I'd say more but that would be spoilers.

You might have noticed this release is in mp4 instead of avi.  Making this switch is something I've wanted to do from the start, but lacked the technical knowledge to do so. Switching from Xvid in an avi container to h.264 in an mp4 container allows for a (arguably) better picture in a smaller file size. How small? About 50mb on average. We're also looking to have our releases play on as many devices as possible.  If my audio encoding was correct this should play on iOS devices as well as the PS3, Xbox360, and any computer with a decent codec pack.  That said I don't have an iOS device to test on (iPad2 coming my way soon, but not yet) and the person I had test on the 360 is off on spring break.  If we broke the 360 support we promise to release an Xvid version.

2 comments: