Saturday, August 13, 2011

Episode 1, now with softsubs

Volume 1 DVD Cover

I finished timing episode 5 this morning, and figured while waiting to translate I would look into how we encode and distribute the show. What does that mean? Not much, but I have brand new encodings of the episodes to give you, including for the first time ever, MKV softsubs, and the RAW. They are all h.264 video, encoded from the DVDs, The only difference between the Raw/mkv encode and the mp4 encode is the addition of the subtitles. Quality wise they are identical.

If you're wondering about the script, don't. I fixed the food error in the opening lyrics and it's Ohlé now instead of Ohle, but the episode itself is unchanged. Don't consider this V2, I certainly don't. If you're not picky don't feel obligated to download, you can enjoy your big old AVI file just fine.

One cool bonus before I stop posting. I said when we started this that we wanted our videos to be accessible on as many devices as possible. Well for all you out there with an AppleTV, iPhone or iPad (any iOS device really) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you try and add the Raw or Hardsub into your iTunes library.

Anyhow, here's the links, feedback is always appreciated and read (even if I don't respond). I'll go ahead and say now I'll be making more softsubs, and no I don't know when episode 5 will be released. That is entirely out of my hands for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks omfg for putting time into this and for the release. Cant wait for episode 5!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete